Friday, March 21, 2008

Oyster Challenge

I was just challenged to imagine that something other than a pearl. I love these challenges. I think that if I had a choice then I would love it if oysters gave pink diamonds. Small, round, perfectly smooth pink diamonds. The challenge came from the website where I've been learning about Gulf oysters.

It is fun to play 'challenge games like this one.' I do it with friends all the time. It breaks up the monotony of the day. Of course, I should have been getting ready for bed instead of reading about oysters. My husband loves to cook and is on the cooking Chanel all the time. Ramsey is his hero.

I watched a show where Ramsey balled out a chef because he opened the oyster shells before the dinner service. He ranted that the oysters were dead. That you should never kill them and let them site for hours. I laughed and chimed in that was true unless you prepared them right.

My husband didn't believe that I knew anything about cooking - or was brave enough to challenge his hero. However, there are 3 processing methods listed at http://BeOysterAware.com which do prepare healthy oysters. I explained that you shouldn't eat live oysters anyway, but my husband still wasn't impressed.

Of course, next time we go buy oysters, he is going to act like he was the one who learned the information and 'knew all along.'




No comments: