Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pearl Jewelry



I love pearl jewelry. There are a lot of people selling pearl jewelry at affordable prices. You can even find places like China Wholesale where you can purchase wholesale and resell the jewelry. I do not look very good in most jewels. The soft colors of freshwater pearls looks good against my olive skin.





I prefer shopping for jewelry online. The quality is often better, as they have less overhead. The selection is better. The quality is higher.

It is possible to find 50 pearls inside a single mollusk. Pearls form when a foreign object make its way into the shell. The mollusk secretes nacre which coats the intruding object. Over seven or eight years, thousands of layers build into a pearl. In cultured pearls man implants the material into mollusks. The coating takes 6 months to 4 years.

My favorite colors are pinks and purples. I also like the black sheen on chokers.



No comments: